how we work
All About People are dedicated to working alongside clients who themselves are committed to undertaking best practice solutions for their organisational Health and Safety.
Our clients recognise:
- Their number one goal for Health and Safety is about getting their team home safely at the end of the day.
- Success stories come out of a cultural approach to Health and Safety.
- They are enthusiastic about driving organisation-wide initiatives for Health and Safety.
- That meeting the legislative requirements is a by-product of the Health and Safety process not the driver.
- Commitment from ‘the top’ is critical to success.
- Health and Safety is a Core Business Function and they have an allocated budget for Health and Safety.
- Investment of time and resource in a strong and robust Health and Safety Management system, processes and procedures is an absolute must.
Factors for successful Health and Safety implementation
In order for your business to achieve successful Health and Safety outcomes key success factors are:
- Strong commitment and demonstrated support by business owners or manager
- Dedicated resource responsible for implementation e.g. Project Manager / Health and Safety Administrator
- Employees health and safety efforts are encouraged, recognised and rewarded
- Regular communication to and from the management team
Benefits of a culture of Health and Safety
Increased Productivity: A health and safety strategy that takes the well-being of employees to heart will help increase their productivity.
Innovation: Innovation plays a critical part in all aspects of business. When employees’ primary needs are taken care of, they’re able to think about new ways of doing things. Setting a culture of safety in place will set the stage for innovations to emerge and for your company to build its legacy.
Employee Retention: Creating a health and safety culture where employees feel respected can help to actively engage employees in their jobs which is essential for employee retention.
Cost Savings: As well as potential savings on your ACC levies, a culture of health and safety reduces costs associated with injuries (medical costs, replacement labour/overtime, property damage and lost time costs). See our Investing in Health & Safety PDF.
How we can help you be successful?
To achieve successful results for your business, we work closely with you and your team to carefully review your organisational health and safety objectives in accordance with the Health and Safety at Work Act 2015 and other Legislation/Codes of Practice and Quality Standards. Your Fire Safety and Evacuation objectives are considered along with the status of your current health and safety programme. Maybe you just need a tweak or two. Your own company culture will be considered.
We then develop an agreed Health and Safety Plan that provides you with the assurance that those health and safety objectives will be achieved including being on time, within budget, with consultation and with simplicity and practicality in mind.
At All About People Ltd we are dedicated to working with you to:
- Remove confusion around workplace health and safety;
- Deliver practical solutions; and
- Provide personal service where we work in partnership with you to develop and implement systems that are easy to use, cost effective and able to be incorporated into your business’s current processes and business practice;
- Ensure Right Fit. For each project that we undertake we partner our clients with the All About People Specialist that is best suited to each project. Best fit may be determined by their formal qualifications, industry experience, personality fit (or a mix of all three). We are happy to provide Specialist CVs for your consideration.
Do we sound like a good fit?
If All About People looks like a good fit for your organisation then the first step to getting your project underway is to make a time to meet with our team to discuss your project scope.
We are committed to delivering the right solution for your unique organisational needs. For this reason and for your project to be successful, it is important that the right decision makers are present when the scope of the work is determined including:
- Person who has who has decision making authority e.g. Business owner/Senior Leadership Team representative/Board representative
- Health and Safety Manager/Representative(s) (or delegated H&S Coordinator)